Monday, March 26, 2007

Steel Caverns



ASIMOV'S THREE LAWS OF ROBOTICS:
1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm
2.A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law
3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law
HANDBOOK OF ROBOTICS
56th Edition, 2058A.D.

"(My novel) The Caves of Steel.... was a good science fiction novel and, at the same time, a straightforward mystery. It was the first time (in my opinion) that anyone had brought the two genres into quite so perfect a fusion."
-from I. Asimov (1994).


Part 1





"Caves of Steel" Pt 1
"Caves of Steel" Pt 2


Plus, what's this I find on the IMBD about an adaption (by Terry [Dalek] Nation) from the UK broadcast 5th June 1964 with Peter Cushing as Elijah Baley. Directed by Peter Sasdy - who, apart from the Nigel Kneale-scripted "The Stone Tape" '70's TV drama, also directed several horror films for Hammer Studios, including Taste the Blood of Dracula (1969), Countess Dracula (1970), Hands of the Ripper (1971) and Nothing But the Night (1972). Hmm?

Here's some more robots -












PS. This is a truncated re-post (since Picasa ate the bulk of my images, and my computer is also less than co-operative - therefore I can't re-upload them any time soon).
Sorry....

PPS. Please don't hot-link to my files, just link to the relevant post..
OK?
If I wanted hot links, i'd go to a Bar-B-Que.....

Labels: ,

web statistics
Since August 2005 - Free Site Counter